If you would like to follow progress during this week this is the thread: http://forums.folksy.com/forums/6/topics/64225
Amy has chosen to interpret this design of mine in stained glass:
and I am really looking forward to producing a brooch in applique and embroidery based on this wonderful piece of Amy's
I have made a start - OK there's a long way to go but school holidays are busy times! I have assembled this collection of materials for my light house.
- Blue brushed/fleece type fabric for the background - don't worry this won't show.
- Selection of scraps of my felt and various yarns for the sea and sky.
- Green small-print fabrics for the cliff top.
- Brown small-print fabric for the path (a 'shaded' print - I'm hoping to cut carefully to suggest perspective)
- At the moment the lighthouse is white commercial felt/red&yellow embroidery cotton - this might change)
Hopefully will stitch the sea and sky later today and post a pic
Folksy Friday No 21 - Shades of Autumn
I have listed a couple of items in Autumn shades recently and this inspired me to make these choices which I hope you like. Click on any image to view the item in its Folksy shop.