Friday 10 December 2010

A note about my daughter- Folksy Friday No 29

My daughter is quite musical. She played the recorder at 4 years old - in self-defense from the shrill sound I found her a battered second - hand flute (she was 5 by this time) . We now live with a flute, alto saxophone, drum kit, acoustic guitar, dad's electric guitar (occasionally), folk whistle, harmonica, djembe drum .... She is now 13 and still cross that I wouldn't buy her the shiny blue violin that she really wanted when she was 5. We should, I suppose be grateful not to have to transport a cello or double bass, or even worse - a harp. I suspect more musical experiences will be added during her lifetime - I think we are about at our limit! We were really pleased when she attained a merit in her recent Grade 6 Flute exam.

This selection of items is a tribute to L-------. Unfortunately Folksy was 'flute-less'.

Click on any item to see it on its Folksy shelf.





SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6


Kakes Makes

Mamasakio

Ghettogran Stencil Art

kardznmore

MJ Woodcraft

Widget and Friends


4 comments:

  1. Ooh maybe that's a new item you could make for your shop - beautiful embroidered ear-muffs for those people who need to block the sound out from the young 'starting out' musicians! Congrats to your daughter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful story. Congrats to your baby girl and well done you for giving her all those opportunities x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter - I never progressed beyond the recorder :-) Lovely selection of items :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your daughters talents. You must be so proud! Thanks for including my book thong, Shirley

    ReplyDelete