Thursday 7 June 2012

The Early Stages - a Work in Progress

Actually the very early stages, of my next piece of textile art. I took this photo this morning and have made a lot of progress since then. I almost hesitate to show you this in case you should think that there is little hope of it turning out 'OK'. I have had the benefit of seeing the next few stages though!

A larger scale hanging (a little bigger than 'A4'). I wanted to move away from felting the background since I wanted to try something with a 'chunkier' scale. I decided to weave the vegetation/hedge/lower portion of the hanging using a mixture of yarns and some fabric strips. This piece was then turned through  90 degrees, and a crocheted 'net' was added in a yarn shading through grays and sky blues - the crochet being worked into the edge of the weaving. At this point I had not attempted to neaten the weaving at all - having decided to use the ends as leaves. Trying to work out how to put some more solid colour into the sky, and wanting to do more than place a sky-coloured fabric behind it, I realised that the crocheted net would lend itself to more weaving. The photo shows a partially finished 'sky' with fabric strips being threaded through the crochet:



More tomorrow - it will look better - really!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The expandable aluminum base and light-weight stage instruments can be simply assembled. Portable stage does not require heavy labor. The help of three or four folks would usually do. Thus, discount in labor costs is another important benefit. Despite the use of particular person Portable stage, transportable staging is a way that's fairly lightweight and is well transportable.

    Rent stages
    Stages for hire

    ReplyDelete