Monday 15 October 2012

Views of Llyn Brenig

..... more views from my mobile kitchen door.

We only had a few hours to spare, so we took our kitchen with us, stopped at the Rhug Farm Shop, and then drove on to Brenig for a lovely picnic and short stroll.

I'm not sure about this little chap - but I vaguely remember keeping tiger moth caterpillars as a child (I think they were similar) and, since something I kept ate willow herb, and he was certainly heading in the direction of a clump, we helped him across the road just in case of accident -







Some views of the lake/reservoir:





There were quite a few very small and spindly rowan trees and they all seemed to have an unreasonably large crop of beautiful but heavy looking berries in large clumps. The rowan in the last two photos inspired this lakeside brooch:



1 comment: