Sunday 21 September 2014

Blankets and throws

This blanket is progressing nicely I think!


Since taking this photo, I have worked two rounds of the edging with one or two more to go. I like this pattern and my yarn stash should enable me to make one or two more in different colour ways. A day or two to go before this is listed though!

I have always loved all forms of patchwork, from 'paper-piecing' ( hexagons and beyond to more complex patterns) to machine stitched strip patchwork, with all sorts of other techniques in between. I have 'harvested' several sets of focal squares from the vintage linens which I have been collecting. I am hoping, by backing them with new fabric, to make them robust enough to feature in patchwork quilts, alternating with patchworked squares in pretty prints in coordinating colours and featuring some traditional patchwork block patterns.

1 comment: