Wednesday 2 February 2011

The thing about ironing is....

... its really quite like swimming. Repetitive actions, physical but not requiring much brain activity - and the benefit of both activities, apart from a pile of ironed laundry in the case of ironing - is thinking time.

I used to do a great deal of plotting, scheming and planning whilst swimming for fitness. I must return to the pool as soon as  I can - I'm really very unfit.

My ironing board is in my sewing space. During the course of most days, dried laundry is 'neatly folded' ( believe that of a house with two teenagers and you'll believe anything!) on the ironing board. Each morning I have the choice of moving the 'neat pile' to one side or else getting on with the task of ironing, in order to be able to use the iron for my sewing projects. The pile was unusually large today. The ironing board stands infront of my fabric shelves, and with much time to muse, reject and muse again, I formulated a plan.

These were the result:


2 comments:

  1. I have to say that I never thought of swimming being like ironing...I like swimming!

    Lara x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the results wish things like that would happen when I ironed. . . Opps I forgot, I don't really iron. :O)

    ReplyDelete