Monday 28 June 2010

Busy Times!

I always expect that, now my children are older, the usual headlong rush to the end of the academic year will, in some way, be lessened. Incorrect - and I should now that by now.

My son has finished his GCSE's and most of his D of E silver award. However, last Friday was his school prom., he has been at World Jamboree preparation camp all week-end and in school today to set up the sound and light systems for this evening's music concert. He did manage to wear a dinner suit on Friday, and managed to work out how to use cuff-links. Quite an achievement for the 16 year old who lives in jeans or cycle shorts!

His sister had Scouts on Friday, came to a stop-over folk party with us, in the van, at the weekend, has a music lesson in a few minutes, and then plays in the concert after a head-long rush back to school ( eight miles away!). Tomorrow I have Brownies. Next week-end they are both camping with Scouts and then the week-end after my daughter leaves in the early hours for a week-long school trip to Normandy and Paris. Oh and she has a percussion exam tomorrow afternoon which means missing the sprints for sports day. I'm tired if they are not!

So, I'm afraid there is little time for blogging. Just a reminder that tomorrow's post will be another from my guest blogger Natalie of NOfkants Curios - Onyx this week!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no you mean to say as my children get older its going to get busier for me!!! I'm exhausted just reading what you and family have been up to.

    ReplyDelete