Friday 5 November 2010

Fabulous Felt! - Folksy Friday No. 26

I really love the variety of form, colour, pattern, purpose...... offered by hand-felted items. I often 'full' items which I have knitted or crocheted to achieve a closer texture and remove the emphasis from the previously visible stitches. I have produced small quantities of felt to use as backgrounds for some of my brooches. I greatly enjoy the felting process and this produces a good basis for my embroidery. However, my felting skills are minimal. I would have no idea how to form a shape for example. I have only tried wet felting - needle felting is a mystery to me.

I hope you like these beautiful items as much as I do. I could not resist including 'Ignatius' DiddyBear. The character encapsulated in these tiny characters is immense!

Click on any item to view it on its Folksy shelf.







SHOP NAME 1 SHOP NAME 2
SHOP NAME 3 SHOP NAME 4
SHOP NAME 5 SHOP NAME 6


Over the Rainbow

Handmade by Clara Luna

ZM Felt

Colourfield

Soft Ceramics

Diddybears


-----------o0o------------

Since writing this post I have now finished another brooch - I hope you like it:


-----------o0o-----------

Footnote: 7th Nov - Over the Rainbow's wonderful soaps are no longer in her shop - presumably sold and off to a new home! Hence the missing image!

3 comments:

  1. Great finds...the teddy is sooo sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just beautiful!

    It is not a medium I have worked with myself, but the creative imaginings of your lovely feature shops are amazing.

    Natalie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely selection - the purple bracelet is fab.

    Your brooch is beautiful :-)

    ReplyDelete