Saturday 5 May 2012

Meadow Flowers..

... the second item in this series of work has just been listed at Etsy. I am now looking at all snippets of yarns and threads with renewed interest. Strange when the off-cuts or by-products of a process take on more significance than the original supplies. Less hoovering to do at any rate. I find it really satisfying when something new is produced from waste/recycled materials. The felt backing is 'kunin' felt -produced from recycled plastic bottles, the lining is recycled from a shirt and the lovely sky blue fiber was very kindly passed on to me by a fellow craft worker who had decided that felting was not for her. Even the yarn which ties the needle book closed is, as far as I can tell, more than 50 years old, having come to me as part of a handed-down family stash!





No comments:

Post a Comment