Friday 12 March 2010

Notebook or computer (Folksy Friday 2)

We all do it. Notepad or new mail file open on the screen, just peeping out past the open Folksy page, endless other files open, but tucked away from view ready to spring back up at the click of a mouse. A 'jotter' file open with my url's and image addresses ready to insert in Folksy Friday. Thank goodness for wide screens.

Despite all this I STILL LOVE BOOKS! I like the feel of them, I love the relaxation of turning the pages - my bookshelves are over-full. When it comes to keeping records - ideas for blogs or Folksy Fridays, a journal of aims and objectives for Lynwoodcrafts, sketches of things I might find time to make one day - do  I curl up on the sofa with my laptop. My husband would. My son would - if he could ever imagine that keeping notes and records, or even doing homework, would be a good idea. My daughter and I are different. We both like to use distinctive and beautiful notebooks.

There are some lovely examples on Folksy. I have selected a few. For those of you who cannot be persuaded, or for those of us that accept computers are here to stay but would like a hand-crafted element to them, how about this beautiful wooden design to conceal a flash drive.

-------o0o-------


Wootten Books



Notes from the Underground



Art by Adora



Nant Designs



Tree Gems

-------o0o-------


On a totally different theme, I've just finished this sunflower corsage:


-------o0o-------


7 comments:

  1. oh i love my lists so books and notepads win hands down, lovely picks sue, enjoy your weekend, marice x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, you can never have too many books! Thanks for featuring one of mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful treasury Sue - I could have an entire bookshelf of notepads but I must also have a nice pencil to write in them too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...but isn't it so difficult to start a new notebook when they're pristine! Rather fancy the green fish booklet. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Thank you very much for including me! I'm so pleased that you like my notebooks",
    Marina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the designs of Nants fishes, nice choices.

    ReplyDelete