Eventually, I completed the machining of a patchwork strip which will, when hand embroidered, form the front panels of two duffle bags, as featured in my Flickr stream. The shades are lilac and plum and there are a couple of lovely silk fabrics. I'm not sure I can persuade myself to part with both of them, but one will eventually appear on Folksy.
I now need to climb into the loft to get a spare rucksack for 16 year old. I had thought he had finished with his school one, which had almost become unusable, so I saved the buckles and binned the rest. Apparently he needs one for the next two weeks. Not a problem - I have a spare, but the spare is dangerously close to an old suitcase and my old college trunk. Both are full of fabric and I still have not found the piece I was looking for yesterday. I'm not sure if it is up there but I can almost guarantee that I'll get distracted again!
In the meantime I have managed to finish this needlecase which was part of my plan - so all is not lost.