Friday 13 April 2012

Creation or Production?

Items from Lynwoodcrafts are unique. Each item is individually made and no two are ever the same. I hope the variety gives interest to my shops. I hope to look afresh at everything I make and hope that the individuality of items helps to maintain a high standard. I'm not sure that I could continue with a few repeated designs without losing an interest in my 'products'.

However, my items are products! I greatly enjoy embroidery and love to combine embroidered designs with other needlework skills. I get pleasure from showing people my designs and I love to have your comments. I must try to remember, though, that my items are 'for sale' and that it is a good idea to be reasonably efficient with my time in order to see some profit.

I hope I have achieved this by listing these two brooches. The 'same design' but on different backgrounds - produced from the same piece of hand-made felt, but cut from different parts of the pattern.


2 comments:

  1. both are very pretty, and to me are very different, the bottom background looks much bolder to me, love all your stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful! Its why I love the element of handmade, no two pieces are ever the same, they are unique and individual. I love these!
    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete